- 2 ripe Plantain (diced)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 500ml/19oz Can Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Honey (local/unpasteurized)
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
1. Put the plantain, 1/2 coconut milk and 1/4 cup of cacao powder in a blender. Puree.
2. Transfer to a pot and add in the rest of coconut milk, honey and vanilla.
3. Bring to a boil and then turn off.
4. Add a tbsp of hot custard to egg and whisk, then add some more and whisk. Slowly add the egg mixture to the custard and combine. Stir until the mix thickens slightly.
5. You can use this to make pudding by refrigerating in small ramekins. Or refrigerate the whole thing to bring down the temperature before using an ice cream maker.
6. put in ice cream maker and follow instructions.