Wow, that title is a mouthful, but that’s just what you’ll have once you try this recipe out… This one is so incredibly delicious that you are guaranteed to fill yourself to the bursting point.
Trying to figure out what to have for dinner sometimes can be a difficult task. With four mouths to feed and all of them liking different things, it’s hard to come to a consensus. Denise was surfing Elana’s Pantry for some ideas, when something she said caught my ear, “Peaches”. Ontario peaches are in season right now and that got the creative juices flowing: bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with caramelized Ontario peaches and leeks with a touch of heat!!
Spicy Paleo Caramelized Peach and Leek Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- 6 Chicken Breasts (pastured if you can)
- 6-12 Slices of Bacon
- 6 Peaches (peeled and diced)
- 1 Leek (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Kombucha (homemade or cider vinegar)
- 1-2 Tsp Chili Sauce (gluten and sugar free)
- S & P
- 2 Tbsp Ghee (or other good fat for cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add the ghee to a hot pan and toss in the leeks and garlic. Saute until the leeks start to soften.
- Add in the peaches and saute until they start to break down, creating a bit of ‘sauce’.
- Add in the chili sauce, thyme and kombucha. Set aside.
- The chicken breast can be prepared several ways. You can choose the one that works best for you.
- Slice a ‘pocket’ in the side of the chicken breast and stuff in the peach mixture.
- ‘Butterfly’ the chicken, place peach mixture in middle and roll up.
- Pound the breast flat with a meat tenderizer, place peach mixture in middle and roll up.
- Take the stuffed chicken and wrap with bacon. Use one or 2 slices depending on the size of the bacon and/or your bacon addiction…
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.
- If you have a Broiler, place the chicken under it to crisp up the bacon.
- When the chicken is done, reserve the drippings from the pan. Serve the chicken sliced with those lovely drippings drizzled over top.
- or do what we did and served fried ripe plantain drenched in those very same drippings… Mind blowing!!