Wow, that title is a mouthful, but that’s just what you’ll have once you try this recipe out… 🙂 This one is so incredibly delicious that you are guaranteed to fill yourself to the bursting point.
Trying to figure out what to have for dinner sometimes can be a difficult task. With four mouths to feed and all of them liking different things, it’s hard to come to a consensus. Denise was surfing Elana’s Pantry for some ideas, when something she said caught my ear, “Peaches”. Ontario peaches are in season right now and that got the creative juices flowing: bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with caramelized Ontario peaches and leeks with a touch of heat!!
Spicy Paleo Caramelized Peach and Leek Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- 6 Chicken Breasts (pastured if you can)
- 6-12 Slices of Bacon
- 6 Peaches (peeled and diced)
- 1 Leek (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Kombucha (homemade or cider vinegar)
- 1-2 Tsp Chili Sauce (gluten and sugar free)
- S & P
- 2 Tbsp Ghee (or other good fat for cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add the ghee to a hot pan and toss in the leeks and garlic. Saute until the leeks start to soften.
- Add in the peaches and saute until they start to break down, creating a bit of ‘sauce’.
- Add in the chili sauce, thyme and kombucha. Set aside.
- The chicken breast can be prepared several ways. You can choose the one that works best for you.
- Slice a ‘pocket’ in the side of the chicken breast and stuff in the peach mixture.
- ‘Butterfly’ the chicken, place peach mixture in middle and roll up.
- Pound the breast flat with a meat tenderizer, place peach mixture in middle and roll up.
- Take the stuffed chicken and wrap with bacon. Use one or 2 slices depending on the size of the bacon and/or your bacon addiction…
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.
- If you have a Broiler, place the chicken under it to crisp up the bacon.
- When the chicken is done, reserve the drippings from the pan. Serve the chicken sliced with those lovely drippings drizzled over top.
- or do what we did and served fried ripe plantain drenched in those very same drippings… Mind blowing!!