- 1/2 cup Tapioca (small pearl)
- 3 1/2 cups Coconut Milk (2 x 13.5-ounce cans)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Honey (local, unpasteurized)
- 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce (sugar free)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Mango, very ripe, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Mango chunks (thawed from frozen)
- A squeeze or two of fresh lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, soak tapioca in coconut milk for 30 minutes.
- Whisk in egg yolk, honey and fish sauce.
- Place saucepan over medium heat until the mixture comes to a simmer, then reduce it to very low heat so that it’s barely bubbling.
- Cook it until it thickens, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour into pudding cups to chill for several hours or overnight. (The consistency of the pudding may seem to thin, but after chilling in the fridge, it will set.)
Make mango puree:
- Place mango chunks in a food processor or blender and lime juice.
- Puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides several times, if needed.
- Refrigerate puree until needed.