Damn, I like Lamb!! Roasted, ground, grilled, stewed or braised… whatever, I love it.
I was coming home from the gym and knew there wasn’t anything defrosted meatwise for when I got home, so I headed to the grocery store looking for some inexpensive steak. What I found was a few awesome Lamb Shank Steaks.
Now for my money, the best way to cook these is to braise them quickly in the oven.. So that’s just what I did.
Oh, and I also made some roasted bacon, beets and bussel sprouts to go with it 🙂
- 1 lamb shank steak
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tbsp Ghee (I use OMGhee Brand)
- 1/4 c white wine (I used a viognier)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper
- Season the steak with s&p.
- In a hot skillet, melt the Ghee.
- When ghee starts to smoke, sear the steak in the pan for a minute or 2 then flip and sear for one minute.
- Toss in the shallots.
- Pour in the wine and swirl around a bit. Careful, it will splatter and sputter.
- Add in the fish sauce.
- Place a lid over the pan and place in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes.
- Plate in a shallow bowl or deep plate with roasted bacon, beets and bussel sprouts and pour “sauce” over and around.