Usually after a holiday around here, the turkeys, hams and ducks all go on sale and that’s when I go and buy a few frozen Young Ducks for the freezer so when the urge arises, I have easy access to a duck to eat 🙂
To thaw it out, I usually place it in the bottom drawer of my fridge for a few days, then rinse it out and remove the neck and offal from inside the body cavity for the Paleo Dog…
You can use a fresh or thawed frozen duck for this recipe.
- 1 Duck
- Salt nd Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Place the rinsed bird breast side up on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- With a knife, score the skin a bit to help release the fat during roasting. ##
- Rub salt, pepper and paprika into the duck.
- Place the roasting pan into the center of the oven and cook the bird for about 1 hour.
- Turn the bird over and roast another 45 minutes.
- Turn the bird back over so the breast is again up and roast for a final 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and roasting pan.
- Cover with a bit of tinfoil to rest for about 20 minutes and then carve.
- Reserve all of the duck fat for use later… That shit is GOLD!!