This is the kind of recipe that I love as it’s dead easy to make with a few ingredients, yet packed full of flavour and texture and just plain deliciousness…
I came up with these babies to help with my sugar and sweets cravings (I’d cut them into smaller pieces than what I recommend at the bottom of the recipe), but now I use them for an after workout meal along with some homemade beef jerky.
Oh, and on top of all that, my boys actually like them. Who knew that simple paleo apricot bars would go over so well? They are going to be put into school lunch/snack rotation in a few weeks once they head back in September. This is also a great recipe that your kids can help make with you; There’s little mess, easy to use tools and they get to play with their food as they press it into the pan… Fun with food.
*Tip: wetting their little hands a bit will help the dough from sticking to them 🙂
- 2 cups Dried Apricots
- 2 cups Pitted Dates
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Ground Almonds
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and combine until it forms into a thick doughy ball of uniform colour.
- Line a 11″x9″ pan with parchment paper and press the doughy ball into it using a spoon to flatten and smooth it out evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Cut into 22 1″x3.5″ bars.
- Individually wrap and store in you fridge.