My brother-in law was up from Petawawa ON with my niece and my sister-in-law to celebrate Easter with the family. Chris, very generously gave both my ex and I some ground venison that he had hunted the previous season as well as some “pepperettes”.
I can’t tell you how excited I was to get this “natures bounty”!!! But what the hell was I going to make with my cut of the loot?? Well I just wrapped that chuck up with some bacon and threw it in the oven… Fucking delicious!
Paleo Venison Meat Loaf
- 2 lbs Ground Venison (or any Pastured ground meat)
- 1 lbs Bacon
- 1 Egg (pastured if you can)
- 1 Leek (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 c Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 c Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- Line a loaf pan or a 11×9 cake pan with the bacon. Start by placing one peice at the end, just overlapping the middle and hanging over the edge.Place all around the pan.
- Mix the other ingredients up in a bowl and fill iin the pan.
- Now flip oover the hanging bacon to cover the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30ish minutes.
- All of the Pan dripping
- 1/4 c of Shitaki Mushrooms (dried)
- 1/2 Tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 Onion (chopped)
- Place all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until shitaki are soft and tomato has broken down
- Place sauce into a blender or use a hand wand to puree.