My lovely wife Denise was in China last week on business, and the last thing she wants when getting back home is to go out and eat at a restaurant. All she ever wants when she gets home is a nice home cooked meal. One of her favorite things to eat is Chicken Parmesan, which I have paleofied for her and which she loves.
So, for dinner on Sunday night, that’s what as waiting for her when she walked through the door. The aroma enveloping her in its warm embrace telling her we were happy she was home…
This one takes a little bit more time to prepare, but you can make the chicken ahead of time and then reheat it.
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 8 slices Bacon (cooked)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs (whisked)
- Tomato Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 lrg/4 med Zucchini
- 1/2 med Onion (minced)
- 2 slices Bacon (raw, diced)
- 5 spears Asparagus (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Bacon Fat (or coconut oil)
- Lard or Coconut Oil for frying
- Cut the chicken breasts in half.
- Using meat tenderizer or other hammer like object, flatten out the chicken pieces.
- Toss them into the whisked eggs and coat liberally.
- Dredge the eggy chicken in the almond flour.
- Fry the dredged chicken in the lard and place in a deep oven safe dish.
- Place a piece of bacon on each chicken portion.
- Cover with tomato sauce.
- ** Optional ~ add grated cheese on top of sauce**
- Place into a 375 oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a mandolin, cut the zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- In a pot over med/high heat, add the bacon fat.
- Once the fat has melted, add the chopped bacon, garlic and onions, frying them until the onion is caramelized.
- Add in the asparagus and cook for a few minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add in the olive oil and stir. Set aside.
- Toss the zucchini noodle into boiling water for 2 minutes and strain or pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Toss the sauce together with the zucchini and serve alongside the Paleo Chicken Parmesan