The other day I saw a post on facebook about someone making “Coconut Fat Bombs“, and I was like, “What the hell are fat bombs??” After I read what they were, I was all, “I gotta make me some of those!!”
These are now my goto craving stopping snack… when I feel the urge to eat something sweet, I grab one or two of these and BAM, craving gone. I love these!! Just a hint of sugar, lots of great fat and silky smooth. This would also do great as the center for some paleo dark chocolate truffles or as a filling in the hollow of raspberries or strawberries.
And even better, there is no way you could eat all of this in one sitting… I dare you 3:)
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (extra virgin, organic)
- 1/2 Cup Butter/Ghee (organic, pastured)
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Black-strap Molasses
- 3 Tbsp 100% Cacao Powder.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 pinch Salt
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature.
- In a processor, combine the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a glass container and refrigerate until firm.
- You have 2 options here:
- Using a warm knife, cut the set mixture up into cubes.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop the set mixture out into balls.
- You can now dust the fat bombs in more cacao powder or roll them in shredded coconut.