The other day, Paleo Cupboard‘s Amy Densmore, posted a photo and link to her Italian Breaded Eggplant and immediately the ideas started streaming into my head as to what I could use this for 🙂
“Italian Meatball Sub, what about modding it to make Fish and Chips?, using it as a base for Eggs Benedict, or the first thing that popped into my head: Eggplant Tiella (Basically a layered vegetable casserole)”
I paired this with a piece of Jerk Rainbow Trout I had sitting waiting in my fridge to be eaten, but needing something special alongside it. (If you have never had Jamaican Jerk Seasoned Trout, you are really missing out… Awesome!!)
- 1 Eggplant (Sliced into thin strips)
- 1 lrg Tomato
- 1 sm Onion
- 1 sm Zucchini
- 3 Eggs
- Marinara Sauce
- Fat for frying
- Follow Amy’s recipe for making the eggplant here: Italian Breaded Eggplant
- Slice up the onion and zucchini and saute until limp. Set aside.
- Slice the tomato and fry on both sides for a minute. Set aside.
- whip the eggs up in a bowl and then make a thin omelette. Set aside.
- To assemble, place a layer of eggplant on the bottom of an oven proof dish, then the onions and zukes. Cover with a little sauce. now eggplant, then omelette and tomatoes. Sauce. Eggplant.
- If you do the dairy thing, you can sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes. Let rest for 15, then serve.