Sometimes you just need a little “cheat” here and there to make everything alright in your world. After having a long reminiscing conversation about Pie and the ultimate remembered deliciousness of the gooey bottom crust, (It’s been about 8 years since I’ve eaten a piece…), I found myself wanting that little “cheat”. I had some frozen fruit on hand so I threw this Cobbler together using Cassava Flour. The stuff is brilliant!
Paleo Fruit Cobbler
- 1 1/2 cups Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Oil (olive, butter, coconut)
- 1/4 cup Honey (raw, unpasteurized)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Fruit (I used thawed frozen raspberries)
- Pre-heat Oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 7 x 2 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of dry ingredients into a large bowl and combine.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix into a batter until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Pour the fruit over top of the batter.
- Bake in the center of your oven for 20-30 minutes.