Yeah, that’s right, Paleo Jamaican Patties!!! Boom!!!
A friend of mine asked me to develop a Jamaican Patty recipe for her on my Punk Rock Paleo Cookbook Facebook.com Page
” I have a paleo request.. Mission if you are open to it.. Paleo Jamaican beef patties.. No tongue please.. Just beef :)”
I must say that what I came up with far exceeded my expectations and I am quite pleased with myself #patshisownbackvigorously 🙂
- 4 Green Plantain
- 2 Eggs
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 2 Green Onions
- ½ Onion
- 2 tbsp Fat of Choice
- 2 + ¼ tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- Cut up and boil the plantain to help remove the skin.
- Drain and remove the plantain skin, then return to a boil for 20+ minutes (or until soft)
- In a food processor mix the plantain and egg until it forms into a nice dough ball.
- Separate the dough ball into 10 equal portions. Set aside.
- Heat the fat in a pot and fry the onion until soft
- Add in the ground beef and stir occasionally until almost cooked through.
- Add in the spices, fish sauce and green onion and cook until done.
- Set aside.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and place on counter top
- Flatten a dough ball and place onto one end of the paper
- Fold over the paper and roll out the dough to about 1/8 to ¼ inch thick
- Unfold the paper and place a heaping tbsp of meat mixture in the middle of dough
- Using the paper, fold the dough up and over so that the ends touch making a semi-circle
- Push the ends together and then remove the parchment paper
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Repeat for all the dough balls
- Put into a pre-heated over at 375 for 25-35 minutes