Well, this was definitely something that I was missing from my formerly fat and SAD eating days of long ago… Gnocchi were probably my all time favorite Italian ‘pasta’. There was something about the silky texture and the soft firmness that was so appealing to my palette.
The recipe is actually quite versatile; you can use it to make Tatty Scones, Roti, Dumpling for Caribbean soups etc.
So here it is at long last, a paleo version that even yo mama will love 🙂
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- Peel, chop and boil the sweet potato until cooked
- Drain and set aside to cool down (About 20 minutes)
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- In a food proccer puree the sweet potato with the egg
- Slowly add the ‘flours’ until combined
- The ‘dough’ will still be too soft to handle, but thats ok, we’re not going to…
- Get a ziplock baggie and transfer as much dough to it to fill it half way
- Cut a hole in one corner and using it like a pipebag, pipe dough into boiling water. (Only pipe in as much as allows the gnocchi to easily move about)
- When the gnocchi float to the top and stay there, they are done.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi to an oiled bowl.
Now they are ready to add to your favorite sauce.