What can I say?!! Thai green curry is freaking awesome!!
I LOVE IT!
Why don’t I eat more of it when it is so easy to prepare?? Oh yeah. Sometimes it’s just to hard to find that elusive Galangal root (although , it’s in more and more Asian markets everyday) that is so important to the right flavoring...
Oh, and eggplant goes well with this dish, but we don’t get along that well so I omitted it 😛
- 2lbs Shrimp or Chicken
- 1 lrg can Coconut Milk
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup Red Pepper (sliced)
- ¼ cup Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 sm can Bamboo Shoots
- 3 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce (sugar free)
- 1 bnch Thai Basil
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 thumb Galangal Root (sliced thin)
- 8 Lime Leaves
- 3 tbsp coconut Oil
- Toss everything except the garlic, curry paste and oil into a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a hot pan, fry the garlic and curry paste in the coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Dump the curry paste into the pot and simmer another 10 minutes.