Well the new year has finally come and 2014 seems to look like it’s going to be a good one.
Here is a recipe to start the year off right by using up some stuff left over from my New Years Eve. We were supposed to have these scallops and salmon that night, but our eyes were bigger than our stomachs (as my kids say), so they have been in my fridge waiting for a good use.
I don’t know about you, but I simply love scallops, especially with bacon… Well, who doesn’t.
- 1 pkg Bacon
- 250g Scallops (1/2 lbs)
- 250g Salmon
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Green Onion (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Thyme (fresh, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder (crap free… read the label. you’ll be surprised)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Use the bacon to make bacon cups. I used this as my starting guide http://snapguide.com/guides/make-bacon-cups/
- In a food processor add all of the other ingredients. Pulse a few times until all chopped up. Don’t do it too much as you want it a bit chunky.
- Remove bacon cups, place on cookie sheet and fill with seafood mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes in a convection oven… 20 ish minutes in a regular oven.
You don’t really need any salt in this because of the bacon and the scallops.