Back in the day we used to make these with day old rice as the base. Now I use coconut flour and almond meal to replace the rice.
We are having our grand re-opening at Crossfit Pickering this weekend and I have been tasked with catering the event. It had been a while since I made these Paleo Patties, so tonight I had a taste test with my girlfriend… Holy Delicious!!
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1/4 c Celery (minced)
- 1/4 c Green Pepper (minced)
- 1/4 c Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Put all the ingredients (except the oil) into a food processor and puree to a paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to med/high
- Using 2 spoons, scoop some shrimp mix out with one spoon and using the second spoon, place it into the hot oil.
- When the bottom of the pattie starts to brown, flip them over and cook for about a minute.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with Thai Basil Mayo.